Followers

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Work!

Man, how much does homework suck?  I'm not going to get any 'real' writing done today, because of a paper due this morning, a short story (admittedly my fault for not starting it sooner) due tomorrow, and two tests tomorrow afternoon.  It's still going to be about a 3k word day, but nothing I can add to my weekly total =/  Maybe I can count my short story, because even though it is an assignment, it's going to be something I'm going to submit at the end of the year to my community college literary journal, which awards cash prizes.  It's a pretty experimental idea so far, and I don't know how well I can do it, but it'd sure be neat if I can pull it off.
     Basically, these two beings that live outside of human comprehension are on earth, looking for God, and God only exists in the hearts and minds of Men.  So these beings are searching the souls of all the humans on earth, nurturing their souls, melding them with different parts of other souls, putting them back into humans, basically trying to find the winning combination that will be the God that they seek.  Jesus was a very, very close soul, but not quite.  Think the Bene Gesserit, but, y'know, otherworldly creatures that guide the souls of our species.  Not to ruin my proposed/desired ending, but they finally find that winning combination, but it doesn't give them the God that they're looking for, it gives them the truth, and the truth is that one of these beings has been God all along, and the other is the devil.  So, yeah, we'll see.  I like it, but I don't know if I can pull it off.  I haven't had to think of or outline a short story in...  well, just over a year now.  Every idea I've had has been novel length.  Not a bad thing, but man, short stories are so much easier to write to completion.  I'm almost done with this one, at least the rough draft, and I've only put a little over two hours worth of work into it!  How amazing is that?  Now I just need to do this more often and start submitting them to places.
     In other news...  There is no other news.  Writing a story, kinda like it, tests tomorrow, midterm week.  I thought I was gonna have a really crappy day today, but I didn't, and that's always nice.  Expectations don't always set the stage for reality.  If there is anyone out there reading this, and you're interested in reading more of the story idea I posted above, let me know, I might post the rough draft either on here or on WF (writingforums.org, just look for Lee Shelly), see what you all think.  Other than that, I hope everyone on the internet tonight is safe, and has sweet dreams.  See you tomorrow!  
      

No comments:

Post a Comment