Followers

Monday, October 4, 2010

Progress

     Back in business!  Not including blog posts, homework, or free writing, I managed to write just over 10k words last week ( I think, the numbers don't really add up).  And I was sick.  Which should count for double.  Or something.  I'm working on my dungeon crawl, and it's going great!  I don't have a name for it yet, something I should work on, I know.  I was planning it to be short, maybe 50k words, more of a novella.  Just a short little fun book.  When I left off in June, it was going strong at 11k, a good start for how little I was working on it back then.  Now it's bloomed to almost 25k (which is why the numbers are wonky...  I have no idea how I gained 14k words in a week and only wrote 10k), so halfway!  If I keep going at this pace, it should be done by the time I take out my novel to start my first edit.  Wow!  And then it'll be November, and everyone knows that's NaNoWriMo.  Can I go for three?  I started my book last November, can I really write three books - my first three books - in one year?  I may be counting my chickens, but I don't really think so.  One of my goals this year was to learn how to write fast, and I think I'm figuring it out.  Ten thousand words a week is a pretty good speed, you're taking a huge chunk out of any book you're working on every week.  It feels great, and I'm only neglecting my homework a little bit...  I have two tests this week, so we'll see how that goes with the writing.  But I really think I can do it.  I really do.
     I joined a forum, something that I've never done.  I'm a pretty huge introvert, so much that I even avoid online communities.  Or I lurk, which gives me the information without the companionship and camaraderie, and it equally lame.  It's fun so far.  Check it out, if you haven't, at writingforums.org.  Everyone there seems like good people, and I'm looking forward to giving and getting good advice.
      I see that some people are coming to this blog, I've had 30 pageviews since I started it (woo?).  If you're there, and you made it this far, drop me a line!  Give me something to look forward to =)  Hope everyone out there on the internet had a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I read a comment you posted on the writing forums site, and clicked your link to get here. Thought I would leave you a comment. I am enjoying reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete