Followers

Friday, October 22, 2010

Collaborative Efforts

I am exhausted tonight, so this isn't going to be much of a post, I apologize in advance.  For some reason or another I have not been able to get enough sleep this week.  Tomorrow, sleeping in is definitely something I'm going to be doing.  I was just thinking about collaboration, specifically about many authors working on one project, or different stories set in the same world.  I have a wonderful teacher in one of my classes, my history of Science Fiction class.  He was talking one day about this very concept, about a group of sci-fi authors creating a universe, and all of those stories having a place inside that universe.  Myself, my fiancé, and one of our friends made up our own universe today - think a setting a bit like colonial earth.  I'm excited to be writing short stories, as I plan to write quite a few inside of this universe.  It doesn't take me too long to write one, either, less than two hours' work for a substantial idea.  I'm thinking about writing more short stories and trying to get them published.  I am absolutely a better writer now than I was at the beginning of all this, when I started writing  my novel last year.  My short story writing abilities have improved as well, if this story is any indication.  We each have a short story 'due' by the time we get together at Borders this Sunday.  I'm excited to see what they come up with.  I'm excited to see what I come up with too!

Have any of you out there started and completed a collaborative effort?  How did it go?  What did you learn?  If you have any fun stories, or warnings, feel free to post.  I hope everyone is having a great night =)  See you tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment