Followers

Sunday, May 13, 2012

What year is it?

Hey, so...

I'm back.


If there's one thing I've learned in my months away, it's that the 40-hour workweek stifles creativity like nothing else I've ever known.  I've also learned that as a writer I have many more trials ahead of me until I finally write something that I think is any good.  In an attempt to curtail this fear a little bit, I'm going to release chapters of my newest project online, here.  No update schedule, no pressure.  Just putting them online, so I don't have to worry about them.  I'm also looking into local writing groups, which I think will be much more helpful than putting something I've written online, but hey.

Also, in some pretty big news, I've been accepted to Western Oregon University.  I'm really happy that I've done the non-traditional, pave my own way path, but now I want to take the path where I get a degree at the end of it.  Certification is more powerful than I gave it credit for, and I can't learn any more at the comminity college level.  I'm not really being challenged enough.  We'll see how this place is... I know that it's not a big name, not a big university.  Who cares?  WUE, baby!  Hopefully.

Anyway, here's the first chapter of my new book.  I call it The Caiaphas, and it should get pretty interesting, if I can manage to do this thing right.

No comments:

Post a Comment